Welcome to our News Archive. Here's the latest new item. Please pick a different item from the list to read it in more detail.
Northamptonshire County Council Budget Consultation
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
The County Council are preparing their budgets for 2018/19, aiming to save £millions. Phase 1 of the budget consultation end date is 1st December. You need to respond to: www.northamptonshire.gov.uk
If approved, the budget cuts will affect Wollaston in the following ways:
1) Closure of Wollaston Library (or major redesign on how the service is run if community-led and funded)
2) Loss of Saturday bus services
3) Major reduction to Trading Standards service
4) Reduction in winter gritting to just 32% of network
5) Reduction in road marking maintenance and targeted traffic signal maintenance
The above are just some of the proposed cuts detailed in phase 1 of the consultation. Further budget phases with further proposed cuts will follow after December.